Hello Everyone!
How are You!? Is it cold over there Yet!? Today for the P-Day activity we got 4 zones together to play a bunch of sports!!! We had about 76 Missionaries there, and it was HOT!!!! We are all SO sunburned!!! haha... calling that unplanned would be an understatement! Anyway after steeming like dumplings for a few hours now I am here to write my Email!!! hahaha. It was pretty fun.
So! this week was, interesting, the work here in Tsim Sha Tsui is pretty slow to say the least, and I'm trying to push all the negative comments it recieves out of my head because I really love it here and I know it can be a great area if people will give it the chance. The people here are good!... busy... but good! and the Ward is Great! They are so nice to us!!! :)
This Week I went on an exchange with a familiar friend! Elder Jolley! from my MTC group! It was a lot of fun! We are in the same district now along with Elder Dastrup! All 3 of us! We had a good time on the exchange and I really learned a lot from him. Its good to be around missionaries like them. I really look up to them so much, they are very great missionaries.
On Sunday Elder Parkin and I were privileged (or sentenced) to be the teachers for the last class in Church! It just happened to be "Combined" and we ended up teaching the entire ward! Just like sacrament meeting!... it was great.. and a nice time to show off how lame my chinese abilities are! hahaha kidding.. We shared about Chapter 9 in Preach My Gospel and really encouraged and challenged the members to get into missionary work and FEEL the happiness that comes from it. It was difficult to express to them how happy I am to be a part of this work. How many blessings I've recieved, and the many more blessings that I realized I have, because of doing missionary work.
Although, that isn't an easy thing to do in english either. I just wish I could put into words what a miracle missionary work is. I've seen members lives change after helping the missionaries and seeing changes in their friends, and I know (not that I fully comprehend) what a blessing being a missionary has been in my life and in the Life of my family.
I wouldn't trade being a missionary for anything. THAT is a serious statement.
I Love the Lord. I Love His Work. I Love His Gospel.
I'm thankful for my mission, and for all the people I have met in it, and for all the people I will continue to meet .
Thank You for Your support and Love. I remember each of you in my prayers, everyday.
Miss You.
Love You.
Can't wait to hear from you again soon
Elder Wright
No comments:
Post a Comment