Moves! ( Transfers!) Today is the first day of my new Transfer, and the big news is... im not in Tai Po anymore! Despite recent success President Chan decided to make the Tai Wo and Tai Po areas combined again, and I moved along with Elder Lee! so now the tai wo elders added an area!... they have ALOT to do now! So... right now I am actually emailing from my new area... ( get ready for this) on HONG KONG ISLAND!!!! I'm surrounded by Huge Buildings everywhere!!!! It's crazy! and there are so many white people! I feel pretty out of place, especially after serving out in the boonies ever since I came to Hong Kong! My area is now Chai Wan! not the biggest or bussiest part of the island... but that is where I will spend all of my time! I
If we have lessons that is... and we will... I hope that I can make this area an amazing place and just... teach all the time! :) So... now even cooler! My companions name is Elder Davis... and guess what!?!?!? He is from St. George!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So awsome! we are both looking forward to this transfer a lot! Besides that I don't have much to say.
I amactually am kind of sad about leaving Tai po,... the ward was really so good and I have made so many new friends there, also one of the people we teach, Syler, had been progressing so much lately and really getting a desire to learn more... we were actually planning on giving him a baptismal goal, I trust that the Tai Wo elders will do that :) .
When we found out we were leaving we called to tell him that new missionaries would start to teach him... we talked for a while, and after I got off the phone we got a text message that said. "Thank you, i will miss you two, thank you for help me learn. God bless you."... to me it was really special. It felt really good to know that someone feels like I have helped them... actually until that point on my mission I didnt really think I had done much of anything to help anyone on my mission. I really hope that he will be baptized soon and can enjoy the peace and blessings that come from learning and applying the doctrine of Christ in life. :) I totally love being a missionary :)
Thats about everything for this week. Thank all of you for all the support you've given me. I am so blessed, and so thankful for every one of you in my life :)
Love,
Elder Mckay Wright
No comments:
Post a Comment