Thursday, May 19, 2011

Let's be Pretty Darned Good all of the Time!

Hello. How is everyone? I hope all is well where you are... GUESS WHAT!?!?!?!?

MY COUSIN IS COMING TO HONG KONG!!!
MY COUSIN IS COMING TO HONG KONG!!!
MY COUSIN IS COMING TO HONG KONG!!!
WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
... Levi Wright Is Called to serve in Hong Kong!!!! You could say I am INTENSELY EXCITED!!!! awesome!!!!
SO! I can’t even think what to say! I’m just completely off the ground right now... I can’t even think!
Ok. So this week was Awesome! Pauline was confirmed and ive never seen her look so happy. Frankie was Baptized!
She had such a special experience she has given 2 referrals already! Pretty amazing!
Yesterday we went over to visit the Chan Family and it was so special. Basically the whole family is really making some changes to try to be able to come to church, especially because now is the perfect time! Because their relatives’ chapel in West point (the biggest city part of the island... which is a giant city...) is being redone. So they will meet at the Wan Chai Chapel for the next 6 months. So they made a goal to really learn about this church and join the church while their relatives are still there. They are so great; Sister Chan totally loves us, and trusts us so much, yesterday she asked if we could help and take them into central for their friend’s birthday party. So we did... and I hope I didn’t brake any mission rules... but as we were all walking out to the bus, Hailey ( 5 years old) Was scared and wanted to hold my hand as we walked across the streets... it was so cute... to me :)... anyway, hope I didn’t do anything wrong! SO. Today was temple day. It’s pretty amazing no matter how many times we go to the temple, how much I have never realized or never thought about before, especially how much I feel like I learn in the temple. Every single. Time!!! Pretty amazing!
So in a meeting we had a while back, My zone leader Elder Kershisnik (hope I spelled that right) was talking about a pattern in our mission... how it seems like a wave... we have lots of investigators... then they all get baptized... then we have no investigators... then we find for a long time, find lots of people... then have a lot of people to teach... then... etc...
So... Quote of the week... he asks us what we can to do to have a steady line of improvement and be
"Instead of being good sometimes and bad sometimes... Be pretty darn good all the time"
ha... I thought it was funny. But True. Then i thought about it. I came up with some ideas. Then later I thought about how to be
Pretty darn good all the time in any aspect or in developing any attribute. It’s pretty cool how we can take just about any attribute we want to become and listen to what modern prophets and apostles have to say about it. So I read a lot, and it was a really special experience for me as I decided I want to become more Patient. I read a number of talks and scriptures, it was really awesome. I know that if we really try to follow today’s prophets and apostles teachings... we can become "pretty darn good ALL the time. " instead of having some kind of a cycle... :) I thought it was cool... I wish I could share my experiences better.
Oh well! :)
Love all of you!!! Thank you for the prayers and support!
Love, Elder McKay Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment