Thursday, May 5, 2011

Transfers and Swimming Lessons...

Hello Family and Friends!!! :)

How are you!?!? Have you eaten rice yet? What’s the news in America? Anything special?
Pauline is getting baptized on Sunday!!! :) I’m so happy for her! She actually invited her husband, two sons, and daughter all to come to the Baptism. She wants us to teach them and is trying to get them all to come to a talent show that the ward is having on the 10th.
Frankie called me the other day and told me that she wants to be baptized. ( get ready for this... Epic Miracle!) We have been teaching her for quite a while, and all through this time she has received SO much anti. So maah faahn... anyway. about 3 weeks ago she told us that she couldn’t be baptized because she is afraid of water, and we thought that she was just making an excuse because of more anti. Turns out, when she called me she told me that she had to cancel our appointment on Friday and move it to Saturday, so I said we would schedule her baptism interview then. Ii asked (out of curiosity) “Why can’t you come on Friday”? and she told me " Because I have swimming lessons, I’ve been taking them for about three weeks"...Ii said" but you’re afraid of water!?" Then she said “I’m taking them so I won’t be afraid to be baptized"...!!!!
...I didn’t really know what to say... actually I still don’t. But isn’t that Amazing! :) I’m SO happy!
All the other people we teach are doing well. but were busy on vacation all week because, I guess they get a big Easter Break over here...I have no idea why... not a single person here celebrates it...I think they do something special at all the churches... but it’s just one day... and I didn’t hear anyone talking about it or anything. I was really confused all week when everywhere was closed... Actually... I’ve asked around and no one is really sure why the holiday is, but just know that it is. Pretty interesting.
Transfers were today! Elder Yeung and I will stay here in Chai Wan together for this one, maybe even next one,... who knows... BUT! This marks quite an event! It will officially be the longest amount of time I’ve stayed in one area! I’m happy to stay because I love the ward and I Love all the people we teach. It’s so fun, and everyone here is really into helping us with missionary work.
That’s about it for this week! Love all of you! Thank You for everything!
Elder Mckay Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment