Thursday, June 9, 2011

Prayers are heard and answered constantly by a loving Father in Heaven.

Hello Everyone!!!


How are you? What’s new? Do you still remember me? ha. This week has been pretty slow over here, a lot like last week actually! But! have things I can actually talk about this week!!! First! Pauline, Linda, and Franky are all doing well. Especially Franky who is getting ready to introduce her friend to us! Pauline is Awesome!!! a member that just moved to Hong Kong was looking for a house... and Pauline found it the perfect opportunity to serve someone, because she is a real estate agent!, and although she isn’t able to be paid for her work to help (because she is looking for a good place for a good price and none of that type of house is in the area she covers... ) She has found a house that is perfect for the new family so awesome! I’m so happy, watching someone I had the special opportunity to serve, go and serve someone else especially with something as big as finding a place to live in Hong Kong!


So the past 6 or so weeks we have really been working hard to find Male people to teach... it’s so hard...I don’t know why but, it just seems like all they ever say is "I don’t need this"... or completely ignore our existence. Anyway we have been able to talk to a lot of people recently and on Monday we met with a kid named a-Fai. He was so cool! And was totally interested in everything we were saying!!! Then, last night we got a call. He talk to his Pastor, and his pastor told him we tricked him and now he needs to repent... so he called us and says he never wants to speak to us again and to get rid of his number... he never wants to talk to us again. Lame! I don’t understand why people think we don’t believe in Jesus Christ!? or the Bible? Maybe if they would care enough to ask, they would know that isn’t true! and then, don’t know why a-fai believed him because when we say him all we did was talk about Christ and read scriptures from the bible... and talked about Joseph Smith. Anyway, that was frustrating. So now we are back to only 3 people to teach. The Chan family, (Mom and Dennis) and A-wahn.I don’t think I’ve talked much about a-wahn... She is the one female investigator that we didn’t give to the sisters because we were told to keep teaching her, because she has been with us for so long.


That’s about all as far as people go... So, yesterday I had the chance to go to Aberdeen to go finding... That was quite a special experience... Aberdeen is known for being a pretty rough area, and especially recently, in the coming transfer 3 areas need to be closed... and everyone knows Aberdeen will be one of them... but! in an attempt to save the area the whole zone went finding there yesterday... 18 missionaries... when we all came back... all together we had 6 peoples numbers... that is 18 missionaries going contacting for 3 hours...I had the chance to go out with an awesome missionary named Elder Wing.I actually graduated with him! He went to snow canyon his senior year and we got to meet again on our missions! Anyway, we went out...I was talking to 2 kids, when the attack started... There were Police men, Guards of buildings, and normal people all yelling at me and telling me to leave...I was finished the contact and got one of the two kids phone number when I was about to give them my phone number a guy walks up... takes my flyer and yells in my face to leave...I stayed there for a second... looked at him. Looked around at all the people yelling at me so I stopped... then they left and I saw them walking toward Elder Wing! he had started talking to someone else who walked by... and I went over to try to rescue but they got there faster than me and told the kid to go home and Elder Wing to leave... we started walking away and a lady with her son pointed at us and told her son (maybe 5 years old) never to talk to us, and then she flipped us off. we walked up the road a little bit and I got a phone call... while I was on the phone, Tons of people walked by and said some pretty mean/false things about us... So we left... far far away... back to the church actually. That... was Crazy!!!!


So! the work is going forward! but Very slowly... that was about the only chance I had to go out this week to so I’m a little discouraged... we can’t schedule anyone because everyone is testing... BUT ! I have seen some amazing miracles... my mission has never been harder than right now... but it’s possible I’ve never seen more blessings, miracles, or felt as much love from my heavenly father as I did this week...I spent a lot of this week in meetings with doctors and talking on the phone and in meetings... but... The ward is doing so much missionary work! we have a good 5 members who are willing to give us referrals, all of the new members in the ward are progressing SO much and are safe (as far as I know) from being antied anymore, and this week President Chan scheduled me for an interview just because he had an impression he needed to speak with me... ... Prayers are heard ... Prayers are heard and answered constantly by a loving Father in Heaven.


So everything is good. By this time next week!... transfers will have come too!!! so we'll have to see what’s new!


Thank you for all your prayers and support! Love all of you!


L ove,


Elder Mckay Wright