Hello Everyone!!!
How are You!? HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!!!!!!!!! I t was kind of sad, I woke up this morning and realized I can't get my hands on any fireworks... SO! me and the other three Americans sang The National Anthem and a couple other songs... and said the pledge... haha... it was pretty fun!
Anyway... hope 'yall burn some extra fireworks for me this year beause I can't do, or even watch any this year... . But its Okay!!! I'm in Hong Kong!!!
This week was SO good!!!! We had 2 Baptisms... one of them I met when I came here, and it was only her(Jim) second time at church!!! She gained an Awsome testimony SO fast!!!! I had the priviledge to confirm both of them . I was thinking what helped these two sisters find their testimony so fast,... it is SO hard for SO many people... so after I talked to sister Jim. I tried not to ask directly, just to talk with her, and then she said. "Every text you send in the morning, I study, write down everything about it, copy it in a journal, everything. What time it was sent, the question, the verse, then my thoughts, then other scriptures I find related or supporting that scripture." ... We send a text out every morning with a thought and scripture. We never asked her to do all of that, I can't remember how she said it, but she told me that she decided she wanted a larger than average testimony, so she knew she had to do more than average to get it. ... I only have one thing to say... it worked!! . It's amazing how much the people I help teach, teach me. They have taught me more about Charity, Love, Faith, Diligence, and Service than any other meeting, or seminar that was focused on teaching me these things. It's pretty amazing how these people inspire me to be better, to do more, and really... give until I drop and become who I am meant to be. I feel like everything that happens here, when I focus on nothing but helping and serving others, I learn more about myself, and am inspired more to improve myself. I feel a desire to be better, greater, and stronger than I have ever felt this feeling before. For so many reasons. The People here are a big part of it. But, ALL of You would be surprised how much you teach and inspire me too. You also make me want to be better, to Become. A mission is truly a special experience. One that has changed, and will continue to change everything I want to be, everything i want to do.Seemingly every goal I have ever set for my life has changed out here,... And I am truly happy.
I am thankful for my Savior that makes these things possible, and who pushes me to go, and never look back every minute of everyday. It helps to know how much support i have accross the world too. Thank You!... I love all of you!
Thank You for all the Prayers in my behalf (... Please keep it up ) You are always in my prayers.
Love,
Elder Mckay Wright
No comments:
Post a Comment