Monday, September 26, 2011

I Am So Thankful For Member Missionaries!

Hello Everyone!!!


How was your week? Is it getting cool over there?... IT IS HERE!!!! ... ... so happy!

Well, this week was seriously great! G. was baptized on Saturday! She has been so excited all week and when Saturday finally came she could hardly contain it! After her baptism when she got up to share her testimony, she cried, and I’m pretty sure that by the end that everyone in the room was too. Maybe even me a little.

t was such a wonderful day, and defiantly the highlight of this week.

Every day with Elder Palfreyman is a great one. He is a great missionary, and we are working well together, I think that miracles follow him or something! We are teaching a lot of great people. This coming week Jocelyn will be baptized, it should be a very special day, she faces a lot of opposition and actually when she first came to the church, with 3 other friends, out of all of them it seemed like she would be the least interested, but she has had a lot of very strong spiritual experiences and has overcome so much opposition from family and so many friends, luckily her husband is okay with her being baptised, and her sisters want to know more, so she is sending a package home with a couple copies of the Book of Mormon in tag log and Ilocano. Her testimony is so strong, and I really have seen her change SO so much. I can see her inspiring so many people who will see this change in her, I know its inspired me.

It seems like the longer I am on my mission, not only does my desire to share with more people grow, but also my desire to be a great member missionary when i return. It is amazing to see the member missionaries here and all they do; they are so valuable, in fact, if it were not for great member missionaries, I highly doubt any of us missionaries would have much success at all. I am SO thankful for the member missionary work here. i feel completely confident in saying that great member missionaries are Way better than missionaries like us,... maybe that is just my opinion, but seriously! SO much help, and i can really see the blessings in the people’s lives that help! (took a 20 minute phone call with an investigator and completely lost where I am... awesome... ) SO.. yeah.

Anyway! Everything is going so great out here! I love missionary work! It is the greatest thing since sliced bread! Thank You everyone for all of Your support and Your constant prayers, they mean a lot to this missionary, more than You could know. You are always in my prayers.

Love,

Elder Mckay Wright