Hello Everyone!!!
How are you? How was your week? How is the Weather? I hope You aren’t all melting ( even though I’m sure you are) like I am here... It is SO stinking hot!!!... agh... ha-ha its pretty funny, it’s so hot outside that after a minute or two I’m already sweating profusely... then I get in the church or some other well air conditioned building, and in a minute or two... I’m shivering!!! Because I’m soaking wet!... yes,... that is pretty gross, and I’m sorry I went into so much detail... On to this week’s news!!!
So this was the first full week of Elder Lee and I being together, it was pretty good! :) He is a good missionary and a really hard worker. We have a lot of fun too. The whole week we were working out tails off and weren’t seeing any success... until!!! Saturday! We realized that we had our faith tested all week,... and on Saturday, started to see the Blessings Flow! We went out finding in the morning... and in about 45 minutes, we found 4 People that were all willing to come to church with us!!! When we got to the church and taught them... They are All SO prepared!!! They were all crying after the lesson and the Prayer... and then we watched the Joseph Smith video... and they were all in tears. Over the last day or two they have been texting us just about nonstop telling us how excited they are to come back to church!... Miracles are real! We were praying hard all week for that. It was a very humbling experience to me, and a great testimony builder.
That was Great... but actually the main thing I wanted to talk about today was about a Baptism that we had on Wednesday. Basically, I only knew her name was Elvie,... and that’s about all I knew about her... Until!!! I saw her! She looked SO familiar!!!... And she knew me!? I couldn’t remember where I had seen her before.
We went through with the Baptism and then during the meeting after when she was sharing her testimony, I found out where I knew her from!!! She was telling a story about how she was a member of another church, but never really agreed too much with them, and she had investigated many different churches. After searching and searching she had given up, and some other things had led her to not ever even want to go to church.
Then she moved to Hong Kong. She planned never to go to church. After about three months of being in Hong Kong, she had some things she had to take care of at Hong Kong immigration tower. She was walking on the bridge and was a little lost. She saw another Filipina and asked her where to go, the Filipina told her but said "Wait! I want you to meet my friend first" ... turns out... that Filipina was a member, and she walked Elvie over a few feet and said "Elder Wright! Meet my new friend Elvie!!!" and I talked to her, took her to church and taught her!!! I forgot because I actually had to hand her over to Elder Dodd and Elder Lee... Then! I moved here! And I saw her get Baptized!!! Awesome! :) She talked about how she was determined not to look into any other churches, but when she came in our Church and heard the message, she forgot all those feelings of doubt and confusion, She knew this was the truth. It makes me think of the scriptures where it talks about God's "Sheep"... and how he knows them, and they know "His voice"... It is such a testimony to me to see these things. To see the faithfulness of these people is something that is incredible to me, and anyone else who knows these sisters.
Serving in International is such a blessing! Serving a Mission is such a blessing! I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and I love to share it.
That is everything for this Week! Thank You all for your prayers and your support!!! I love all of You! You are in my prayers as well!
No comments:
Post a Comment