Friday, October 21, 2011

Moves, Tears, and New Responsibilities

Hello everyone!!!


SUPRISE!!!! 2 in one week!!!! but why!? Actually, I was transfered again! So now I am back in Chinese work in the Kowloon zone! I'm going to be serving in Tsim Sha Tsui! Right in the heart of Kowloon and Hong Kong! Pretty Epic! I have a new companion and I am with him already, His name is Elder Parkin! he is Brand new and just got done with his trainer. He is a soccer player too! From Skyline!... I feel like were already best friends! He is a great kid and a great missionary! He is ready to work too! im very excited! I hope I can take the heat!

My emotions right now are all over the place. I have left international, and it was SO sad. I love international! Im sure i will miss it very much, especially that we have 2 people that Elder Palfreyman and I taught that are being baptised Tommorow! then one on next Sunday! All the sisters are SO great. It is so funny and amazing to me how they all look up to us, They are all like our big sisters... possibly even our moms,... Im not gonna lie, It was pretty sad to leave and I actually had my little moment to cry about it. All the people that i taught and Baptised called and talked with me, and nearly everyone of them Cried. It was all fine and good until every once in a while iIjust randomly felt like i couldn't leave the people that I had taught... and it brought tears to my eyes. But they turned to tears of Joy when I talked to them about what they had learned and they thanked me for what I did and would share their testimony with me.  I challenged everyone I talked to  and challenged them to do different things, like promise that they would stay strong and prepare themselves to go to the temple, get a calling, and be a powerful missionary! They are doing SO great. It is quite sad to leave and I will miss it so much. It was an experience that changed my life forever, and I will never forget it! I am so happy to have had the opportunity to serve in international, and I hope i can go back to help any chance I get!

Now in my new area, things are a little different... actually quite alot different! On tuesday night President Chan called me to explain to me the situation to me and then make his expectations very clear. He told me that I would go to the TST area, and that I would serve with Elder Parkin. He released me as a district leader and he thanked me for my service, but explained to me that my new responsibility is to get this area going. Years ago TST was a booming area. it has been on a decline and for the last few years has seen Very little success, If any at all. In the last few transfers there has been weeks were there were 0 disscussions taught the entire week!... quite a change from what I have been used to recently. From my understanding, this area is a rock bottom, has been for a while, and hasn't changed. it is also one of the largest areas in all of Hong Kong! President Chan told me to focus all my efforts on starting the area up again. He also expressed how he expects a lot out of me and that he has a distinct feeling that Elder Parkin and I were the ones to do it. Together. I have a feeling i'm about to be humbled in a BIG way. Im actually quite scared. But, luckily! Elder Parkin is amazing! HA! I already know that unity and Obedience will not be a problem. I'm so excited!

Thats about all for today. Thank You for everything! Thank You for the Prayers, they are much needed and appreciated. Thank You.

Love from Hong Kong,

Elder Mckay Wright!

P.S. I saw my cousin. He is huge. and Powerful. and a awesome missionary. I already know! Gave him a Huge hug. took some pictures.... Awesome. IT IS SO UNREAL! I LOVE IT! hahahah

No comments:

Post a Comment