Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A week of miracles...

Hello Everyone!!!

How are You?! Everything here is going well!... Just the ordinary Crazy awesome Miracles!!!! We had 2 people this week come to church who thought they were going to be Baptised today... ("L" and "E") this is about how the conversation went with "E".. "hey! You look so sad whats wrong?"

 "I thought i would be baptised today butIi was late for church... I know I'm not ready" (Elder Palfreyman and I look so confused at each other) "Sister "E" its okay! You were just a little late, and Your goal for baptism isnt until the 30th anyway" ..." I went home after last week and prayed to know if being baptised here was the right decision and0 I recieved and answer thatI I know for sure in my heart it is right... so i decided thatIi would just be baptised today".... (!?!?!?!?!?!?!?... uhhh... we have no idea what to say)

 "ok... well... lets go into a classroom right now and we will work everything out to where You will be baptised on the 30th of this month. ok?" ... " ?.... So long?...." (hahah ...Ii guess I forgot to mention that all we had taught her to this point is the Restoration, Word of wisdom, Law of Chastity, and a intro to the Plan of Salvation. haha. ) "ok. lets go were going to get everything worked out right now."

haha.... that just about sums up our whole week! it is SO amazing to see some of the people that we teach sincerely pray, recieve a sure answer, and from that point on, There is NOTHING to them that will get in their way of being baptised and following the Prophet. We are also teaching someone right now named Joy, she has been researching different churches for most of her life because every member of her family is in a different church, for the last 3 or 4 years she has been attending the Jehovahs Witness church, and then for the past month or so commited herself to trying this church when we found her on the street. after meeting with her for about 3 weeks we watched the Joseph Smith: Prophet of the Restoration video with her. She was crying and sharing her testimony with us that she had prayed that week and recieved an answer that Joseph Smith is a true Prophet and that Thomas S. Monson is a living Prophet of God now here on the earth, she was interviewed that day and will be baptised this week!!!  So amazing. then she came out to help us find more people to invite to church!!! it was great!

Well... that about all I know to talk about... basically... this place is miracle central right now.  Such an amazing blessing for them and for us! I mean, this week, I have never thought about prayer like I did this last week hearing the experiences of the people we are teaching and it even made me question myself! Am I praying sincerely enough to recieve answers like they have? I really have never met more Humble people in my whole life. They are my example, and they teach me so much.
I LOVE being a missionary!!!!!!  You should be jealous! haha joke.
Thank You for all of Your Prayers! Praying for You always! Miss You!
Love,
Elder Mckay Wright...

No comments:

Post a Comment